Help us continue bringing events, exhibits, and educational programs to the community. Any amount is welcome. We thank you for your support.
Your generosity and ongoing support for YHS operations makes it possible for us to:
- Present monthly meetings featuring guest speakers and programs of general historic interest
- Preserve and maintain four historic buildings and several historic properties within the Yaphank Historic District
- Care for our extensive archives and collections of historical objects, books, and art
- Create new special exhibitions every year, as well as maintain our permanent exhibitions
- Offer guided tours of our historic houses
The Yaphank Historical Society (YHS) is a 501.c.3 organization and your generous contributions are tax deductible.
One of the ways we are able to provide all that we do for the community is through the generosity of people like you! Please use a button below to make a donation.
PLEASE MAKE A DONATION
Thinking of Donating Items?
The mission of our historical society is to preserve items of significance to our unique location on Long Island. We look for records (not vinyl), photographs or memorabilia that help us reconstruct the past and foster an accurate description of what life was like for our predecessors. In the past, we have accepted donations of period appropriate furniture, photographs, paintings, documents, books, diaries, historical letters, antique clothing, etc.
Please do not leave items, either for archives or gift shop, at the front or side doors of any of our historical houses. This is not only to safeguard the items from theft or environmental threats, but because, if the donation is for our archives, we want to hear from you the story behind the donation. Arrangements for drop off or pick up, including location, will be specified.
Make An Appointment
Please make an appointment with our curator, so we can adequately look at the items you wish to donate and to discuss the significance of them and their relationship to your family and Yaphank.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 631-924-4803. Please leave a message.